30 May 2011

FACEBOOK GROUPS

On Monday at 10:40am, I posted the folllowing on my profile page and into the FB newsfeed:

"Alright, here's the deal. If you have a group or are starting a group here on Facebook, why don't you first ASK people if they want to be in your group and if so, tell them what the rules are - if any. I'm about my business. I'm about networking. I'm about marketing myself, my products and my services. If you're not cool with that, DON'T "draft" me into your group."

Facebook is always pushing the limits to bring us closer together. One of it's most recent advances has been the ability for people to create groups for people with similar interests to be able to get together in somewhat more of a closed or intimate environment and discuss whatever issues for which the group was created.

However, when people create these groups they can just add any of us at random. I can create a group right now and just pluck you right into it. I don't have to ask your permission and if you choose to stay in the group your permission is implied by your participation. You can, however, leave any time you want to.

My problem is I've had people see me on someone else's page or in someone else's group and want to add me to their own group, and when I begin posting and promoting, they want to cry "over-load" or "spam." I'm not promising anyone pie-in-the-sky riches; I'm not trying to lure anyone into my MLM downline, and I sure as hell am not spreading viruses by clicking on dumb ass links like: "Look who's viewing your profile!" or "'So & So' answered a question about you!"

This only goes to show who's playing on Facebook and who is actually GRINDING. I will admit, I am not interested in everything someone markets out here, but that's life. From now on ... If I find myself "drafted" into a new group without being asked ... I can't promise my response will be either motivating or encouraging! The one thing I am REALLY beginning to see and learn on Facebook is who really has little to no home training on matters of courtesy.

There are so many people out here who are talking loud and saying nothing that when someone comes along who's actually doing something you can see and selling something you can hold and draw value from, that person is clearing the smoke screen of crap these other people are spreading around.

I'm through. People are really on the verge of seeing "the other side" ... The man I was BEFORE the motivation.

No comments: